Leg exercises are important, but they become even more important as you age. How do I know? Because I am old. How old? Old enough to remember the dial-up internet sound when dial-up internet was a thing and cell phones … Read More
8 Reasons Why You Should Deadlift
It’s no secret that I love to coach and perform the deadlift. Here’s me nailing twice my bodyweight deadlift six months ago. There was a lot of pain, blood, sweat, and tears that went into this attempt. Picking up and … Read More
You’re Not (Physically)Broken
Since becoming a certified personal trainer, I’ve trained around and rehabbed through several injuries (some which are my own fault) including: Torn quadriceps Strained hamstrings Knee and ankle tendonitis Strained triceps tendon Tennis and golfer’s elbow Right A/C joint inflammation … Read More
6 Must Do Exercises
Exercise should be kept simple because the rest of your life is complicated. With this in mind, every time you step inside a gym or wherever you exercise, these 6 exercises are essential for a strong body and mind. … Read More
What am I doing today?
It’s often said that 99% of success in the weight room is just showing up because if you don’t, nothing will happen. The other 1% of success is, what am I doing today? When you’re dragging yourself to the gym … Read More
Am I doing this right?
There’s a reason low-cost gym(s) has weight machines as far as the eye can see. These machines are easy to use because the directions (usually) are right there beside you on how to do each exercise. You don’t have to think about it, … Read More
What you should be doing in the gym- Part four – Hinge
The hard part is over. You made it to the gym and that’s usually half the battle. Now that you’re there, what are you going to do? This is where a lot of people get stuck but don’t worry, I’ve … Read More